Online Lunch Balance Instructions
St. Vincent de Paul School provides 24/7 online access to student lunch balances through PowerSchool; PowerSchool access will also allow parents to review classroom performance for students in grades 3-8.
Parent access to PowerSchool is active at the conclusion of annual Curriculum Night sessions through the end of the school year. Access is disabled over the summer months to allow for end-of-year processing and new year setup.
Additionally, SVdP works with eFunds for Schools to provide a simple and secure online payment system for parents wishing to make online deposits to student lunch accounts. eFunds for School accounts will also allow parents to check current lunch balance information for all children.
Instructions for creating Power School and eFunds for Schools accounts can be found below.
Creating a PowerSchool Parent Account
1. Click on the PowerSchool for Parents link found in the Announcements section on our homepage.
2. Click on the Create Account button.
3. Provide name and email information as appropriate.
4. Enter your username and password information (whatever you prefer and will remember).
5. In the bottom section of the page, link students to your parent account by providing Student Name, Access ID, Access Password, and Relationship information for all children (Access IDs and Passwords were provided at Curriculum Night sessions; anyone needing that information should email Technology Coordinator Ray Bentzen).
6. Click on the Enter button to save your account setup data.
7. You can now login using the username and password you specified in Step 4 above.
Creating an eFunds for Schools Online Payment Account
1. Click on the eFunds Online Payment Portal link found under Quick Links for Parents on our homepage.
2. Click on Register Here in the New Users section.
3. Enter information as requested in the Sign Up column. Starred items are required; including your email is recommended in order to receive payment receipts. Once again, your username and password information can be whatever you prefer and will remember.
4. Click on the Sign Up button.
5. In the Add Students by: section, enter your child's PowerSchool Student ID in the Student Number window and click the Add button (f you do not have the necessary PowerSchool Student ID information, email Ray Bentzen). Repeat as necessary for all your children.
6. Once all children have been linked to your account, click on the Continue to Account Overview button.
7. Use options from the Main Menu/Account Overview screen as needed. The first time you wish to make a payment, you will be asked to set up payment method options.
8. Use the username and password specified in Step 3 above for future logins to the payment portal.
Use of an online payment account is completely optional (but convenient); parents may continue to send checks or cash to school for deposit on lunch accounts.
After creating an account, click here to access the secure payment website. A link to this website will be available for future use on the Quick Links for Parents webpage..
eFunds for Schools Payment Options and Fees
You may make online lunch deposits via electronic check, credit card, or debit card. A $1.00 fee will be charged for deposits made with electronic checks; credit or debit card payments will be charged a $2.65 fee per $100.00 deposit increment (i.e. $2.65 for transaction amounts up to $100.00, $5.30 for transaction amounts greater than $100.00 up to $200.00, and so on). If you log in to eFunds for Schools and add money to accounts for three different children, those three amounts still count as only one transaction in terms of fees charged. St. Vincent de Paul School does not receive a share of the processing fees; those fees are used to fund our online payment agreement with eFunds for Schools.
When making deposits, you may put money into each child's lunch account, with those amounts varying from child to child if desired. You are limited to $750.00 per transaction if paying by electronic check and $1000.00 per transaction if paying by credit/debit card. Providing you entered your email address when creating your payment account, you will be emailed a receipt for all of your transactions detailing how much money was put on each child's account, the method of payment, and the total of convenience fees charged.
Once your payment account with eFunds for Schools has been created and students have been added to that account, you will be able to see current PowerSchool lunch account balances in both eFunds for Schools and PowerSchool. Deposits made in eFunds for School will be displayed in PowerSchool shortly after the transaction is completed; those deposits will have an EFS designation in PowerSchool.
Should a payment to eFunds for Schools be declined for reason of insufficient funds, eFunds for Schools will attempt to put the payment through two more times. If a payment attempt remains NSF after three tries at processing, a $15.00 NSF fee will be assessed by eFunds for Schools to the individual attempting to make the payment. That $15.00 fee will be in addition to whatever fees that individual's bank may charge. Additionally, SVdP will incur an uncollected payment charge of $2.50. PowerSchool lunch transaction records will be adjusted in the event NSF issues arise.
If you experience any issues with creating an online payment account or have questions about the process, do not hesitate to contact Ray Bentzen (email@example.com).